Anti-Wrinkle Injectables are commonly referred to as Botox®. This type of anti-ageing treatment is increasingly popular due to its effectiveness and lack of negative side effects. A fast and simple treatment will temporarily relax facial muscles, drastically improving the appearance of existing wrinkles and preventing new wrinkles from forming.
Results can be seen as soon as four to six days following your treatment. Facial muscles will become noticeably more relaxed and targeted treatment areas will appear smoother. The effects of the treatment will peak at around the 14 day mark, and these visible results will remain for between three and six months.
Are there any risks?
- It is normal to have small pink/red bumps at the area of the injection site, this will disappear within a few hours after injection.
- There may be bruising or swelling at the injection site, more common in patients taking blood thinners.
- Headaches may occur after botox injection , this generally doesn’t last beyond the day of injection. Take painkillers as normal with any headache.
- Eyebrow and/or eyelid appearing higher or lower than desired. In the case that your eyebrows may raise or become more arched than you desire, this can be fixed by injecting a small amount of botox to relax the muscles responsible.
- Results may vary — everyone is different. A second course of injections may be required if the initial treatment doesn’t work. Dosage given is based on an average dose that is effective for most patients. A top-up, if required will be given free of charge after 2 weeks.
- With any medication there is the risk of allergic reaction.
- It is best to avoid application with make-up for 12 hours after administration as this reduces the risk of any infection at the injection site.
- Once your treatment gradually fades there will be no long-term effects.